ant-dev mailing list archives

From Steve Loughran <ste...@apache.org>
Subject OOmemory, ant1.7, java1.5+, windows only
Date Thu, 21 Jun 2007 16:31:41 GMT

the big smartfrog build is suddenly oom-ing, on windows only, more often
on java1.6 but now on java1.5 too.

we're using ivy to choreograph, running threads for functional testing.
javac, rmic, junit, all are set to fork, but still we run out of memory
after about 40 minutes into the full build/test. All is well on unix,
but not windows.

Anyone got any ideas? What's the best way to debug this? I've never
profiled a build before. We could maybe have a new listener that prints
out memory/heap space status as it exits projects, a profiling
listener...then there is the profilers under netbeans and the
java1.5/1.6 memory tools.

-steve