ant-dev mailing list archives

From Steve Loughran <ste...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Seeing log output when running tests with AntUnit
Date Mon, 04 Jun 2007 11:43:55 GMT
Paul.Mackay@nokia.com wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I've been trying to use AntUnit and cannot see a way to view the typical
> Ant output of the Ant targets being tested. The only output is that
> which AntUnit generates, describing the tests executed, etc. If a test
> fails it is important to view the log of the steps that happened.
>
> Can anyone suggest how AntUnit is expected to be used to access this
> logging information?
>
> Thanks
>
> paul

It's being saved to a log where you can make assertions about output
text, using <au:assertLogContains> assertion, which
itself uses the the <au:logContains> condition

Maybe we could tweak antunit also print the buffer on an assertion
failure, but generally I just run the target by hand when I want to see
the output.

-steve