ant-dev mailing list archives

From "S. Ali Tokmen" <nos...@alishomepage.com>
Subject Windows Explorer add-in: ANT build
Date Thu, 14 Jun 2007 17:00:40 GMT
Hello, everyone

I'm a person who uses Windows for development and everyday usage, and don't
like
typing commands on consoles that much. And, ANT is a more "command-line"
kind of
tool. On the other hand, in most cases, one only calls the "default" target
of
an XML build file (which probably is "build + JAR + install + test that
project").

So I thought: what if I added an "ANT build" action to the file type "XML",
and
associate it with ANT? Which I have done with a small registry trick, I'm
adding
it to this e-mail.

To apply the registry file:

    - First, make sure that the JAVA_HOME and ANT_HOME environment variables
are properly defined, and that the PATH environment variable contains ANT's
bin folder
    - Now, extract the ZIP file. One .reg file should come out
    - Double click on that file, click on "yes"

Once you apply that registry file to Windows:

    - When you right click on an XML file, an option called "ANT build" will
appear
    - If you click that option, ant.bat is launched with as build file
(the -f option in ant.bat) the XML you had right clicked
    - It will then execute the default action of that ANT build file

I found that useful, and therefore wanted to share it with you. I hope you
like
it, perhaps one can also add it to the ANT SVN (or CVS?) base.

Have a nice day, everyone

S. Ali Tokmen
http://ali.tokmen.com

GSM (fr): +33 6 24 29 79 13
GSM (tr): +90 555 266 52 73

My AIM, ICQ, MSN Messenger, and Yahoo IM
contact details are on http://contact.ali.tokmen.com/