ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: auto download of antlibs
Date Fri, 04 May 2007 14:24:23 GMT
On Fri, 4 May 2007, Peter Reilly <peter.kitt.reilly@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 5/4/07, Stefan Bodewig <bodewig@apache.org> wrote:
>> On Fri, 04 May 2007, Steve Loughran <stevel@apache.org> wrote:

>> > we'd need a metadata tree mapping antlibs to well known packages,
>> > but that is not too hard. JSON, perhaps.
>>
>> Not sure.  Who'd maintain it?
>
> It should be some xml format.  I think that it should be on the ant
> site and ant committers would be the updaters of it.  - this would
> be similar to the related projects page -

I know the projects page, and I know that sometimes we are a bit
sloppy in updating it, even if people send in patches.  At one point
we started to recommend that people use the Wiki instead.

Using the Wiki is fine as long as the content is processed by humans,
but it is unusable for automated processing.

> of course this raises the issues of version. One may not want the
> lastest version of a particular antlib.

Could be a fragment identifier or an appended XPath or something like
that

antlib:org.apache.ant.antunit#1.1

Stefan