ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Kevin Jackson" <foamd...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to contribute an optional Ant task (ccfindmerge)?
Date Sat, 19 May 2007 05:04:20 GMT
> I thought that maybe other Ant/ClearCase users out there could use this task
> too, so I would like to contribute CCFindmerge to the Apache Ant codebase.
> However, I am not quite sure about how to go about it (sorry, it's my first
> time here).

No worries.

> I have read the instructions at http://www.apache.org/dev/contributors.html,
> but they're quite generic.
>
> I have also checked out the code base from
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/ant/core/trunk.
>
> So what would be the next step?
>
> * mail the code somewhere for approval?
> * check in the new task into svn?
> * create a patch via svn diff and send it in? where? to this mailing list?

You can svn diff and then mail the patch to this mailing list.  You
could open a bugzilla report (enhancement) and attach the patch
created by svn diff to that report.

The only problem I can see is that I don't think many of us have
access to ClearCase so testing is going to be a problem.

Thanks
Kev