ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Kevin Jackson" <foamd...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Retry task container
Date Tue, 15 May 2007 03:30:08 GMT
> On 5/12/07, Kevin Jackson <foamdino@gmail.com> wrote:
> > <retry noRetries="3">
>
> noRetries as in "Number Of Retries" or "No retries"???

good point, retry count is indeed much clearer, thank you.

> How about retrycount instead? --DD
>
> PS: I second all comments made so far. <retry> could live in
> Ant-Contrib too, rather than Ant.

that's also valid.  As for-each already exists in ant-contrib, this
makes more sense there, but my original usecase was that some tasks
are almost made to have a retry attribute, but I thought it would be
better to have a generic retry that can be applied to anything.

> PPS: If <retry> had additionally a condition to satisfy before it
> executed its content, with Steve's internaltime attribute, it would
> have a lot of parallels with <waitfor>, no?

It would have some resemblance yes :)

Kev