ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Xavier Hanin" <xavier.ha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: auto download of antlibs
Date Wed, 09 May 2007 08:59:33 GMT

> Xavier Hanin wrote:

> >> I'd expect all version info to be in ivy.xml; when I declare a
> >> configuration in the <antlib> declaration, I say which ivy
> configuration
> >> I want, without any version info embedded in the build files
> > And where is the ivy.xml?
> >

> alongside the build.xml, of course. I'm assuming that <ivy:resoolve> has
> already kicked in.

So you have to call ivy:resolve manually  if you use multiple antlibs (to
name the ivy.xml files). I'm not sure having to use a separate ivy.xml for
each antlib make much sense, since you will usually have only one dependency
in your ivy.xml. I think the inline mode (where you specify the dependency
when calling the task, with no ivy file) should at least be an option. If we
really want to put this information out of the antlib task, I think it
doesn't really that different from what is possible today:
        <ivy:cachepath organisation="org.example" module="example"
revision="1.3"
                       inline="true" conf="example" pathid="
example.classpath"/>
        <taskdef resource="org/example/something/antlib.xml"
                  uri="antlib:org.example.something" classpathref="
example.classpath"/>

Am I missing something?

Xavier