ant-dev mailing list archives

From Steve Loughran <ste...@apache.org>
Subject Locator bugs
Date Tue, 15 May 2007 12:13:22 GMT

Well, I've been fixing the locator class, and adding new tests (not yet
committed)

I've  fix all outstanding defects but can show a problem in which a path
with forward slashes in it gets two leading slashes cut off:

     public void testTripleForwardSlashNetworkURI() throws Exception {
         resolveTo("file:///PC03/jclasses/lib/ant-1.7.0.jar",
"///PC03/jclasses/lib/ant-1.7.0.jar");
     }

the error is:
junit.framework.ComparisonFailure: Expected
file:///PC03/jclasses/lib/ant-1.7.0.jar to resolve to
///PC03/jclasses/lib/ant-1.7.0.jar
but got
/PC03/jclasses/lib/ant-1.7.0.jar

now, we get the same behaviour whether i use the Java URI class, or we
do it by hand using the java1.3 only code. We are at least consistent,
just wrong.

what to do?

(a) leave as is
(b) switch to our own code, change behaviour to retain the forward slashes?