ant-dev mailing list archives

From Bruce Atherton <br...@callenish.com>
Subject Re: debian packaging related tasks - sandboxable?
Date Sat, 12 May 2007 01:35:56 GMT
I think your plan is a great one.  I'm having a related but different
thought about debian support.

What do people think about Ant supporting a way to install and remove
antlibs from the command line into a standard antlib directory that is
automatically added to the classpath on startup? That would support the
creation of separate debian packages for individual antlibs. Installed
antlibs could be made automatically available to any build file.

An alternative of doing this for debian is to define a specific location
for separately-packaged antlibs to reside (such as
/usr/share/ant/antlib) and to have that location added as a '-lib'
parameter to the script installed to invoke ant, but I find that
solution much more brittle. It doesn't survive a user-installed upgrade
of ant into /usr/local, for example.