ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Peter Reilly" <>
Subject Re: [Ant Wiki] Update of "Ant1.7.1/Planning" by SteveLoughran
Date Fri, 20 Apr 2007 14:32:24 GMT
I (currently) use the following macro:
  <macrodef name="sub">
    <attribute name="dir"/>
    <attribute name="target"/>
      <exec executable="bash"
        <arg value="-c"/>
        <arg value="ant -emacs @{target}"/>

which I use with the following macro:

  <macrodef name="dirs">
    <attribute name="target"/>
      <ac:for param="dir" list="${dirs}">
          <sub dir="@{dir}" target="@{target}"/>

in each directory with a list of sub-project directories I use a build
file like:

<project name="apas_server">

  <property name="dirs" value="fw,ws,aes,lws2s,server"/>
  <import file="../build.xml"/>

I like to keep each project's ant instance to use a different jvm - so
there is no leakages of properties, references, class-loaders or types.