ant-dev mailing list archives

From Matt Benson <gudnabr...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: AW: ApacheCon US CFP?
Date Wed, 18 Apr 2007 14:53:32 GMT

--- Steve Loughran <stevel@apache.org> wrote:

> Jan.Materne@rzf.fin-nrw.de wrote:
> > AFAIK:
> > - Stefan : DE (Düsseldorf)
> > - Jan    : DE (Düsseldorf)
> > - Antoine: US (NY)
> > - DD     : FR (Paris)
> > - Steve  : GB
> >

> jesse Tilly: US

Tilly?

> Matt Benson: US?

Guilty--TN specifically i.e. in driving range of ATL.
To be honest I'm tempted to do a talk but am
apprehensive as well.  ;)  Further I'm not sure
whether there's an angle that would make my employer
accept my going to a convention for a week as work...
maybe if I used my downtime to work remotely though.
Hmm.  I already heard from Rich Bowen on the
inconsistency of Monday April 28 as the deadline--he
confirmed that the actual date is April 30.  Maybe I
could come up with a proposal by then.  Suggestions
welcome.

wrt DD and Antoine, it's the strangest thing... For
some reason I had the idea that both of these
Frenchmen were living/working in DE.  Interesting to
learn you guys are actually in the US.

> Stephane Balliez is in Leiden (joost), though he's
> too busy to check in
> code.
>
> In the past we've had many more active US
> committers; at one time there
> was Sam Ruby, Magesh Umasankar, Stefano M, Diane
> Holt, and others. Erik
> Hatcher is in Virgina, though (fortunately) at the
> other university,
> University of Virgina (http://www.virginia.edu/)
>
> In OSS projects people get distracted, go away,
> maybe come back later.
>
> There's always been a big australian contingency in
> Apache...there's
> clearly some software community building up there,
> which is good. The
> other big Apache place in Asia is South Korea.
>
> Apache run a map of where people are; anyone with an
> apache account can
> create the data to be filed
> http://people.apache.org/map.html

I've been meaning to do that.  :|