ant-dev mailing list archives

From Steve Loughran <>
Subject Re: svn commit: r531340 - /ant/core/trunk/src/main/org/apache/tools/ant/launch/
Date Fri, 27 Apr 2007 09:28:18 GMT
Kevin Jackson wrote:
> Hi,
> Looking deeper into this, the reason that the bug #42227 has appeared
> is because ImportTask uses Location which uses FileUtils.fromURI,
> which is using the new Locator.fromURI

One thing I'm thinking of for <import> is how to resource enable it;
which means we need a way (an interface) of opening a resource relative
to another resource:

interface RelativeResource {

   Resource createResource(String relativePath);

We'd then have every build file knowing where it came from, and, if it
came from a resource that implemented RelativeResource(), return a new

<import file="../something.xml" /> would call
FileResource.createResource("../something.xml"); on the local file, or,
if it was loaded off a clasloader,
ClassResource.createResource("../something.xml") would return something
new in the classpath.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message