ant-dev mailing list archives

From Steve Loughran <ste...@apache.org>
Subject [Vote] move defect tracking from bugzilla to Jira
Date Tue, 24 Apr 2007 15:44:14 GMT

The fact that people are running automation experiments on bugzilla
makes me think that now is a good time to move to Jira. The way to do
this is we file a bugrep with infrastructure pointing to a vote that
made the decision. I think they can then import the entirety of the
database in there, possibly leaving the old defects in bugzilla but
locked against edits (so URLs are valid).

Issues: what about numbers in change logs? Maybe we patch the changes
file with a bugzilla ID for all outstanding defects, and go to JIRA IDs
for the new stuff. Jira is actually pretty good for creating its own
change reports for a product, if you are rigorous about adding a bugrep
for every change.

Accordinly, I would like to call a vote about moving to JIRA

[] Yes, move to JIRA
[] No, stay with Bugzilla

-Steve