ant-dev mailing list archives

From Steve Loughran <ste...@apache.org>
Subject Re: IdeaJ
Date Mon, 23 Apr 2007 13:19:09 GMT
Matt Benson wrote:
> --- Steve Loughran <stevel@apache.org> wrote:
>
>> Matt Benson wrote:
>>> FTR, since I had sent a note to the list
>> announcing my
>>> intent to use IDEA on my MBP, I eval'd IDEA and it
>>> informed me of random problems that didn't really
>>> exist.  I then attempted to use NetBeans but its
>>> apparent lack of a workspace concept (feel free to
>>> show me where I'm wrong here, anyone) was not
>>> conducive to my working needs.  SO I am using
>> Eclipse
>>> again.
>> I use IDEA as Ant's IDE; build with ant itself. At
>> work I can build with
>> IDEA, but have to do an ant run to do corner case
>> things (javacc, rmic,
>> etc). It does take a while to get used to, but is
>> good after that.
>>
>> what causes trouble in Ant's source tree are the
>> optional tasks, because
>> we dont have a simple directory/library mapping. If
>> all source that
>> depended on a specific library was in a single
>> package, it would be easy
>> to exclude that package when you dont have the JAR.
>> As it is.
>> oata.tasks.optional is trouble
>
> Actually, it seems like I did talk more about this
> before, but where I ran into trouble with IDEA was in
> a web project.  It gave me reports of errors that
> clearly did not exist, undermining my confidence from
> the start.  :(

I think by default it is set to flag a lot of things as errors that
should we warnings or mere 'info' level hints

-javadoc errors
-some introspection things

its introspector also flags trouble when there isnt always, because it
doesnt know what FileUtils.close() does, etc.

So crank back all the warnings on introspection and try again