ant-dev mailing list archives

From Steve Loughran <ste...@apache.org>
Subject Re: IdeaJ
Date Mon, 23 Apr 2007 09:25:03 GMT
Matt Benson wrote:
> FTR, since I had sent a note to the list announcing my
> intent to use IDEA on my MBP, I eval'd IDEA and it
> informed me of random problems that didn't really
> exist.  I then attempted to use NetBeans but its
> apparent lack of a workspace concept (feel free to
> show me where I'm wrong here, anyone) was not
> conducive to my working needs.  SO I am using Eclipse
> again.

I use IDEA as Ant's IDE; build with ant itself. At work I can build with
IDEA, but have to do an ant run to do corner case things (javacc, rmic,
etc). It does take a while to get used to, but is good after that.

what causes trouble in Ant's source tree are the optional tasks, because
we dont have a simple directory/library mapping. If all source that
depended on a specific library was in a single package, it would be easy
to exclude that package when you dont have the JAR. As it is.
oata.tasks.optional is trouble

-steve