ant-dev mailing list archives

From Apache Wiki <wikidi...@apache.org>
Subject [Ant Wiki] Update of "Ant1.7.1/Planning" by KevJackson
Date Tue, 24 Apr 2007 02:35:42 GMT
Dear Wiki user,

You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Ant Wiki" for change notification.

The following page has been changed by KevJackson:
http://wiki.apache.org/ant/Ant1%2e7%2e1/Planning

  == Release Plan ==

-  * Release manager?
+  * Release manager? (kevj volunteered after stalling last release)
   * Planning: ApacheCon + email lists: may 2007
   * beta: june/july 2007?
   * Release: 6+ months after Ant1.7.0
@@ -26, +26 @@

  Java 1.6 support
    -all tests passing on Linux, Vista and XP
+  * who has access to Vista, and which version? I really don't want to install it, even under
VMWare!

  === Would like to fix Defects ===

@@ -36, +37 @@

  === Ivy ===

   * Bundle Apache Ivy 2.0.0?
+    - when is ivy2.0.0 going to pass incubation?
   * modify fetch.xml to use Ivy.
   * add support to <subant> a graph of targets, not just a list, so it can skip all
dependents of a failing build
   * any way to integrate download and declaration of an antlib?
@@ -46, +48 @@

   * resource enable script tasks, to take source from any resource
   * more docs
   * should we include a scripting language? such as BSF+Rhino for a pre-java1.6 build?
+    - need to vote on bundled language - I guess Rhino/JavaScript has mindshare right now

  === Resource support ===

@@ -79, +82 @@

   * add a lifecycle for datatypes?
   * add an addExpandedText() method that expands props in nested text before assigning
-  * add an UnexpandedString() datatype that can be used in attribute assignments for classes
that dont want properties expanded...we could use this in macro processing to prevent double
expansion of properties.
+  * add an UnexpandedString() datatype that can be used in attribute assignments for classes
that don't want properties expanded...we could use this in macro processing to prevent double
expansion of properties. (this would fix a few bug reports too)

  == User Experience ==

@@ -89, +92 @@

   * produce an official izpack containing Ant+core libraries.
   * produce an official izpack containing Ant+core+apache libraries (Xalan, BSH, &C).
And JUnit?
   * produce our own RPMs. Which would imply we support them.
+  * produce our own .deb (dpkg) as the Debian versions are always lagging and Ubuntu is becoming
important in the Linux space and is based on Debian.

+ == What to 'remove'/'trim' ==
+
+  * Which JDK are we now building on? (1.2, 1.3 or 1.4?)
+  * When we know the build JDK, what code can we refactor/strip out?
+
+ == 'Antlibization' ==
+
+  * Which optional tasks would be better as an antlib for separate download?
+