ant-dev mailing list archives

From Steve Loughran <>
Subject Re: Javac return status
Date Wed, 07 Mar 2007 10:27:46 GMT
euge wrote:
> May be it's not the place to write my question. If yes, I'm sorry.
> Why is it not allowed to put javac in condition tag? Is there any reason
> why it was not developed? or the developers did not just get to it yet?
> Asking just out of curiosity.

Ant has a very simple view of the world. Either things compile, or they
dont. Not compiling is an error and the build halts. Most tasks are like
this, though a fair few have a failonerror to say "ignore failures".
<junit> does save its outcome, not because you want to ignore the
failures, but to let you create <junitreport> output before failing.

If you go to ant-contrib on, you can pick up their
try/catch tasks that let you catch a task failure.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message