ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Graham Leggett" <>
Subject Ant v1.7 and pathnames with spaces
Date Wed, 14 Feb 2007 15:02:54 GMT
Hi all,

I am trying to build an ant build script capable of calling the cl.exe
compiler from Visual Studio to compile some c++ code.

When called from the command line, the parameter:

  -I"c:\Program Files\somewhere\include"

is resolved correctly.

>From within ant, the parameter:

  <arg value="-I&quot;c:\Program Files\somewhere\include&quot;" />

Doesn't work, the quotes get stripped out and cl.exe complains about the
following unknown file:

Is the XML &quot; sequence the correct way of specifying quotes, or is
there some other mechanism that should be used?

I am trying to determine whether ant v1.7 is broken, or whether I am doing
something wrong.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message