ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Mathias Ricken" <mgric...@gmail.com>
Subject "quiet" Formatter for Ant's JUnit Task
Date Sat, 03 Feb 2007 03:07:31 GMT
Hi!

I don't know if this is the right place for this announcement, but I
have created a different formatter for Ant's JUnit task. It is based
on "brief", and I decided to call it "quiet". It only prints any
output if a test fails. I found the output of "brief" still too
verbose.

For this change, I had to modify FormatterElement.java and
JUnitTask.java, and add QuietJUnitResultFormatter.java.

I created a website that has complete source and binary tar.gz
distributions of a modified Ant 1.7.0 available, as well as a tar.gz
file with just the three Java files named above. It is available at:

http://www.superscalar.org/files/apache-ant-1.7.0-quiet/

Please let me know if you have any interest in integrating this into
future versions of Ant, if I have unknowingly duplicated a feature, or
if I have done something else wrong.

I hope this will be helpful for someone.

Sincerely,

Mathias Ricken