ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Branch
Date Mon, 08 Jan 2007 19:39:24 GMT
On Thu, 28 Dec 2006, Antoine Levy-Lambert <antoine@gmx.de> wrote:

> what I really have in mind is to setup ant's source tree so that you
> can build ant with maven with very simple POMs, which means one
> source tree per output jar file.

I don't share this desire but won't stand in your way.  If you want to
do that you'll probably have some very good reasons.

Like Peter I'd rather prefer to go back to a single jar, though.

Also I don't really want to restructure our source tree just because
of some tools weaknesses.

> This would not prevent us from keeping our build system with
> build.bat/build.sh bootstrap.bat/bootstrap.sh and build.xml

Keeping booststrap.sh/.bat is a must.  I - and I guess others as well
- want to be able to build Ant with /bin/sh and a JDK, nothing else.

Stefan