ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Peter Reilly" <peter.kitt.rei...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r491723 - in /ant/core/trunk/docs/manual: CoreTasks/javac.html using.html
Date Fri, 05 Jan 2007 22:35:57 GMT
> peterreilly@apache.org wrote:
>
> > +  <h4><a name="pathshortcut">Path Shortcut</a></h4>
> > +  <p>
> > +    In Ant 1.6 a shortcut for converting paths to OS specific strings
> > +    in properties has been added. One can use the expression
> > +    ${toString:<em>pathreference</em>} to convert a path element
> > +    reference to a string that can be used for a path argument.
> > +    For example:
> > +  </p>
>

> Does that work for any resolvable datatype? If so, cool.
No, it depends on the implemenation of toString of the particular
class. The ant code uses the toString() method of path when
it is handling the path attribute of the command line arg, so
that is how I know that it is safe to use for paths.

Fileset.toString() on the other hand use ';' to seperate the files....

Peter