ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Kevin Jackson" <foamd...@gmail.com>
Subject <scp> & jsch & classpath loader issues
Date Tue, 16 Jan 2007 09:13:52 GMT
Hi,

I'm working with jsch and ant and I think that the description in the
FAQ for ant 1.7 is wrong.

<quote>
As of Ant 1.7 <junit> no longer requires you to have junit.jar in
Ant's startup classpath even if ant-junit.jar is present there.
</quote>

I'm essentially doing the same thing with the scp task and if I have
ant-jsch.jar in the startup classpath for ant, then it cannot locate
the main jsch-0.1.2x.jar in the nested <classpath> element

eg

<path id="jsch.path">
  <pathelement location="${src.tools.dir}/jsch/ant-jsch.jar" />
   <pathelement location="${src.tools.dir}/jsch/jsch-0.1.24.jar" />
</path>

<taskdef name="scp"
	classname="org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.optional.ssh.Scp"
	classpathref="jsch.path"/>

this gives me a ClassNotFoundException for
com/jcraft/jsch/UserInfo.class, however if I delete the ant-jsch.jar
from my dist/lib (ANT_HOME/lib), then the taskdef works as expected.

This seems to be the behaviour described for ant 1.6 in the FAQ, but
I'm running svn trunk compiled today.

Is the FAQ correct in that <junit> & <style> work exactly as described
for 1.7, but all other optional tasks still work in a 1.6 style, or am
I correct in assuming that if <junit> works as described in the FAQ,
then <scp> should behave in an identical way?

Kev