ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stephane Bailliez <>
Subject Re: memory profiling Ant
Date Thu, 11 Jan 2007 13:12:44 GMT
Steve Loughran wrote:
> What's the best way to memory profile Ant?
> We have an interesting problem at work where <rmic> is  running out of
> memory when run in an ivy-managed <subant> Run, but not when run
> standalone. So something is eating up lots of memory, and <rmic> is
> the symptom, not the problem. Same problem on Ant1.6 and 1.7, java1.4
> and 1.5 BTW.

I was looking somehow at this type of behavior to f and did not go very
deep into the analysis, I used a trial version of YourKit but did not
spend time on it..
I was thinking at this time it would be nice to have an opensource
license of Yourkit for Ant...

So considering you're asking for it I think we can manage to ask a
license and put a logo on ant's webpage...

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message