ant-dev mailing list archives

From Steve Loughran <ste...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Branch
Date Tue, 09 Jan 2007 13:30:59 GMT
Antoine Levy-Lambert wrote:

>>> In the long run, if maven becomes better at solving some issues like the
>> release process (including the so called staged release process) we could
>> build, stage and release ant using maven.
>>>
>> what's the benefit ? for what purpose ?
>>

> the benefit would be to use whatever the maven team develops to automate or semi automate
releases.

There's stuff underway in ivy to generate pom files from ivy
descriptors; it could be the precursor to ant based release deployment.
For those of us whose projects live mostly in the Ant space, not having
to drop to Maven would only be a good thing. After all, if I can use
maven for releases, why not use it from the ground up?

Nb, we have used maven1 in the past to create some of the site docs for
smartfrog, like the change log. We also use forrest.

-steve