ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stephane Bailliez <sbaill...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Branch
Date Mon, 08 Jan 2007 20:58:26 GMT
Antoine Levy-Lambert wrote:
> Hi,
>
> what I really have in mind is to setup ant's source tree so that you can build ant with
maven with very simple POMs, which means one source tree per output jar file. This would not
prevent us from keeping our build system with build.bat/build.sh bootstrap.bat/bootstrap.sh
and build.xml but would allow to setup parallel builds using maven which would work fine.

I'm sorry but I disagree.
Certainly not dozen of source trees, it is a complete nightmare in term
of management.

> In the long run, if maven becomes better at solving some issues like the release process
(including the so called staged release process) we could build, stage and release ant using
maven.

what's the benefit ? for what purpose ?

-- stephane