ant-dev mailing list archives

From Torsten Curdt <tcu...@apache.org>
Subject tar task problems
Date Wed, 24 Jan 2007 17:46:28 GMT
Hey guys,

I've run into some serious problems with the core TAR task.

AFAIU the only way of modifying TGZs and retain meta date like
permissions and ownerships is to nest the TAR with the UNTAR (ZIP/
UNZIP) process (as TarResource object getting passed through). So
adding files could easily be done like this:

   <target name="tgz">
       <tar destfile="${build}/release.tgz">
           <fileset dir="src/site"/>
           <tarfileset src="src/release.tgz"/>
       </tar>
   </target>

   <target name="zip">
       <zip destfile="${build}/release.zip">
           <fileset dir="src/site"/>
           <zipfileset src="src/release.zip"/>
       </zip>
   </target>

While this seems to work fine for ZIP, the TAR task bails out with

  "Problem creating TAR: request to write '0' bytes exceeds size in
header of '-1' bytes for entry ''"

I wanted to check first before opening a bug. Am I missing here
something obvious?

Also I am wondering why mappers are not supported.

   <target name="tgz">
       <tar destfile="${build}/release.tgz">
           <fileset dir="src/site"/>
           <tarfileset src="src/release.tgz"/>
           <mapper type="..."/>
       </tar>
   </target>

By design or would a contribution be welcome? :)

cheers
--
Torsten