ant-dev mailing list archives

From Jesse Glick <jesse.gl...@sun.com>
Subject Re: Triage time
Date Fri, 08 Dec 2006 20:56:50 GMT
Steve Loughran wrote:
> Proposal: pull the auto proxy unless you say -noproxy; add a
> -autoproxy option to turn it on if you want it.

+0. FYI: when run inside NetBeans, Main.java is not called, so I suppose
ProxySetup is not either. However NB does its own proxy detection on
startup (env, gconf, Win32 registry, etc.) unless the user has
configured proxies explicitly; and Ant scripts inside NB use the same
settings automatically. I don't see a general problem with auto proxy
(beyond the problems you listed) so long as it is only initialized by
the Main entry point, and thus ignored by other Ant containers.

-J.

--
jesse.glick@sun.com  x22801  netbeans.org  ant.apache.org
       http://google.com/search?q=e%5E%28pi*i%29%2B1