ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Peter Reilly" <peter.kitt.rei...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r491045 - /ant/core/trunk/src/main/org/apache/tools/ant/taskdefs/optional/junit/JUnitTask.java
Date Sat, 30 Dec 2006 23:46:20 GMT
On 12/30/06, Jesse Glick <jesse.glick@sun.com> wrote:
> peterreilly@apache.org wrote:
> > Check if classpath used with forked junit contains multi versions of ant
>
> I just spent about two hours today trying to figure out why my unit
> tests were failing with a FNFE on junitvmwatcher*.properties from
> JUnitTask.executeAsForked. Turned out I was somehow mixing Ant 1.6.5 and
> 1.7.0. (The unit test was running a nested copy of Ant which in turn ran
> forked unit tests...don't ask.) Is that what this commit checks for?

Exactly.
I think that mixing of ant.1.6.5 jars with ant.1.7 will happen quite a lot.
This patch checks if multiple versions of ant.jar is in the junit classpath.

Another way to fix this is to change the order of jars in the junit
command line.
Currently the ant jars are placed after the jars in the nested <classpath>
so the <classpath> jars take priority. I did not what to do this as
it would change the behaviour of the <junit> task.

Peter