ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Peter Reilly" <peter.kitt.rei...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release of Apache Ant 1.7.0
Date Wed, 13 Dec 2006 10:10:41 GMT
On 12/13/06, Kevin Jackson <foamdino@gmail.com> wrote:
> > The code uses reflection so it should compile on jdk 1.5 and
> > work on jdk 1.6.
>
> I put a conditional compile in the build.xml file so that the
> hasfreespace code isn't even compiled on pre 1.6 jdks :
>
> <selector id="needs.jdk1.6+">
>         <or>
>       <filename name="${condition.package}/HasFreeSpace*"/>
>           <filename name="${util.package}/java16/*"/>
>         </or>
>   </selector>

eek, I did not see that.!

The point of using reflection is to have the condition
in the ant distro.

I think that the test in build.xml should be removed, at least until
we say that the ant distro should be compiled with java6. At
the moment, the ant distro should be compile with java5,
(we do allow using lower jvms to compile a sub-set of ant, however
this is not a distro).

Peter