ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Peter Reilly" <peter.kitt.rei...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r486141 - /ant/core/trunk/src/tests/antunit/taskdefs/condition/hasfreespace-test.xml
Date Wed, 13 Dec 2006 09:42:23 GMT
On 12/13/06, Kevin Jackson <foamdino@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > Could those tests be please be written in such way that these will not
> > fail / error under jdk 1.5 or lower?
>
> There is no support from the runtime for this functionality pre java6,
> so there is no way that these can perform as expected on lower jvms.
The antunit tests can check for the existance of the required
classes/methods.

for example in src/tests/antunit/core/uuencode/uuencode-test.xml
the following is used:

  <available property="sun.uudecode.avail" classname="sun.misc.UUDecoder"/>

  <target name="define" if="sun.uudecode.avail">
    <mkdir dir="${classes.dir}"/>
..
..
  <target name="test-simple" depends="define" if="sun.uudecode.avail">

Peter
Peter