ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Kevin Jackson" <foamd...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release of Apache Ant 1.7.0 - new upload done
Date Wed, 13 Dec 2006 16:57:34 GMT
> > Hi I thought Kev just (say) he would pull the HasFreeSpace for 1.7.0 to be
> > added after 1.7.0 is released?

I pulled out the o.a.t.a.util.java16 package as it wasn't used, the
hasfreespace condition wasn't pulled as it compiled and ran on both
vm's I have (although this isn't an extensive test by any measure).
Also the condition isn't documented and so no users will know about it
anyway (and hence won't be used) - again this isn't great, but it does
cover us a little in that it's an undocumented feature and shouldn't
be used until it is documented.

> I think that it is ok to have hasfreespace in the release.
> That is, the risk is very small that it will cause any
> more problems. The problems it had were due to
> the lastness of it been added to the code base,
> and the use of java6. The code itself does not
> affect other parts of the system, so it is a contained
> risk. It may be more risky to pull the code now.
> Peter

Peter is absolutely correct, the problems were solely due to trying to
cram in a feature at the last minute - as was pointed out by other
people.  I wasn't aware (although perhaps I should have been) that
today was release day, and having seen the addition of the
javax.scripting and other stuff I thought I could get something in
before the deadline.

Profuse apologies all round.
Kev