ant-dev mailing list archives

From Steve Loughran <ste...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Branch
Date Sat, 23 Dec 2006 18:50:29 GMT
Matt Benson wrote:
> --- Antoine Levy-Lambert <antoine@gmx.de> wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I also would prefer to wait a bit to create the
>> ANT_17_BRANCH.
>>
>> For Ant 1.8, I have in mind some refactoring, like
>> maybe splitting the source tree per jar.
>> Documentation could also be split by theme such as
>> property tasks, resource based tasks, SCM tasks
>> rather than the current distinction core/optional
>> which is not so nice.
>
> While we're on the subject, note that in Java6,
> <script> is no longer an optional task.  ;)

Interesting point.

I've moved to vmware XP images to java6, and my laptop has jdk5 and 6
side-by-side. No plans to do java6 only stuff, but I may do some
optional smartfrog components that use it (e.g tray notifier), plus some
stuff to do network device analsysis.

for ant, I'd like a secure password input by allowing an InputHander to
be a SecureInputHandler which is expected to not echo chars on demand.
the IDEs could add this, as could the java6 handler.

-steve