ant-dev mailing list archives

From Steve Loughran <ste...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release of Apache Ant 1.7.0
Date Wed, 13 Dec 2006 14:58:31 GMT
Kevin Jackson wrote:
>> This is life! a sequence of lessons!
>
> A day where you learn something is a good day (generally), but I
> should've just held back the changes until the release had happened,
> then I could have added them to trunk and not broken this release -
> doh!

That's why we have release managers, they are the official refuser. A
good RM will say no to everybody, even those up the mgt chain.

There's always a lot of pressure to put stuff in just before a release,
but really RC time is when to decide to pull things, not add stuff. It's
too late to get anything new working.

-steve