ant-dev mailing list archives

From Steve Loughran <>
Subject Re: Triage time
Date Mon, 11 Dec 2006 11:01:52 GMT
Stefan Bodewig wrote:
> On Fri, 08 Dec 2006, Steve Loughran <> wrote:
>> I'm looking at some outstanding issues with the RC and wondering
>> whether to pull them either temporarily or indefinitely. I'd like
>> some opinions.
>> #1 automatic proxy setup on Java 1.5
> +1 on only setting it up when required.

Done. new command -autoproxy to turn auto proxy on.

The -noproxy command still turns it off. I did that for backwards
compatibility, but realised there's another value. If you have
ANT_ARGS=-autoproxy, you can still go -noproxy on the command line to
override it (whichever statement comes last, wins)

>> #2 <war> and optional web.xml
>> I've had reports (and seen myself) cases of users getting warned
>> their web.xml isnt being used when updating a WAR file that
>> exists. I think its something to do with updates.
> so let's remove it.

I've left that alone for now, because while it was printing messages, it
didnt break anything.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message