ant-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Claassen <mclaas...@ocie.net>
Subject RE: Proposed roadmap
Date Fri, 29 Dec 2006 18:40:17 GMT
Wow, I guess I have been look for World Peace in all the wrong places.  :)

-----Original Message-----
From: Peter Reilly [mailto:peter.kitt.reilly@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, December 29, 2006 11:43 AM
To: Ant Developers List
Subject: Proposed roadmap

* 1.7.x
  - fix bugs
  - implement some enhancement requests
  - add some extra attributes to tasks/types
      (for example fileset dir not present attribute)
  - add some conditions/resources/filters/mappers
  - junitize other optional tasks (i.e. allow
    the needed thirdparty classes to be specified
    when using the task)
  - make checkstyle clean
  - support more java5,6,7 features

* 1.8
  - add classpath manipulation (classloader task)
  - add logic/controlflow features from jsp/ant-contrib (for, if, while,
try, var etc)
  - better scripting language support
     - allow javascript and jruby to create tasks/types natively
       (beanshell, groovy can do this currently).
  - import improvements (url support, searchpath support)
  - if/unless attributes with primative EL (expression language)
       (ie if="${property.not.present}" will work as
if="property.not.present")
  - restricted types (i.e. roles)
  - some simple build file generators (like seam-gen)
  - xmlize the manual goals:
      - pdf version output
      - clean html output
      - easy navigation

* 1.9
  - add EL (?from jsp/jsf - properties or references?)
  - unify properties and references
  - integration with ivy/maven for dependence
  - ?annotations for tasks?

* 2.0
  - remove need of xml
  - unify with maven