ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <>
Subject Re: Error using exec to perform symlink on multiple files
Date Thu, 09 Nov 2006 06:57:15 GMT
On Wed, 08 Nov 2006, Chris Mattmann <>

>  Could you be a bit more clear with what you mention below? I'm not
>  familiar with "apply",

>  Or perhaps, if I post to the user list, then you'd be more likely
>  to respond?

I thought I responded 8-)

Your original use case was

>>> # ln -fs /path/to/test/testfiles/* /path/to/test/linkdir/

which more or less directly translates to

<apply executable="ln" dest="/path/to/test/linkdir">
   <fileset dir="/path/to/test/testfiles"/>
   <mapper type="identity"/>
   <arg value="-sf"/>

(not tested and not 100% sure about the mapper since I don't remember
whether it receives a relative or absolute filename)

This gives you your symlinks with built-in dependency checking (the
task won't try to re-create existing symlinks).

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message