ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Error using exec to perform symlink on multiple files
Date Thu, 09 Nov 2006 06:57:15 GMT

<http://ant.apache.org/manual/CoreTasks/apply.html>

>  Or perhaps, if I post to the user list, then you'd be more likely
>  to respond?

I thought I responded 8-)

Your original use case was

>>> # ln -fs /path/to/test/testfiles/* /path/to/test/linkdir/

which more or less directly translates to

<apply executable="ln" dest="/path/to/test/linkdir">
   <fileset dir="/path/to/test/testfiles"/>
   <mapper type="identity"/>
   <arg value="-sf"/>
   <srcfile/>
   <targetfile/>
</apply>

(not tested and not 100% sure about the mapper since I don't remember
whether it receives a relative or absolute filename)

This gives you your symlinks with built-in dependency checking (the
task won't try to re-create existing symlinks).

Stefan