ant-dev mailing list archives

From Jesse Glick <jesse.gl...@sun.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r475078 - /ant/core/trunk/src/main/org/apache/tools/ant/types/optional/depend/DependScanner.java
Date Fri, 17 Nov 2006 03:00:49 GMT
Peter Reilly wrote:
>> Note that you can simply delete the Javadoc comment altogether:
>
> Yes, I know, but 1) checkstyle does not

So shouldn't you patch checkstyle? :-)

> 2) javadoc will check that there is doc to inherit when one puts in inheritDoc.

But checkstyle would already be warning you about any lack of superclass
Javadoc anyway, right? (Unless you have a method in a public class
overriding a method in an inaccessible class. Which IMHO is evil.)

> Having comments for get/set is especially tedious.

Yes, it is. Don't think there's anything to be done about it, other than
avoiding the beans pattern in APIs to begin with.

> Do not know about the trailling dot......

/** {@inheritDoc}. */

vs.

/** {@inheritDoc} */

> Yes, as the original coder when to the trouble to document
> the place that this was inherited from for readers of the code.

I see. Probably a job for IDEs in general, though.

> The point of the exercise is to make the checkstyle
> of ant to be a usefull activity

Which is a good step.

-J.

--