ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Peter Reilly" <peter.kitt.rei...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: FileUtilsTest jdk 1.3 vs 1.5
Date Mon, 13 Nov 2006 14:08:00 GMT
On 11/13/06, Dominique Devienne <ddevienne@gmail.com> wrote:
> > One could argue that a path without a drive letter is not absolute but
> > relative and therefore the drive letter should not be inserted at all.

The assumption in ant for a long time is that "/x/y/z" is an absolute
file name, and thus should not be prepended by ${basedir}.

Is the test that is failing:
        assertEqualsIgnoreDriveCase(dosRoot + File.separator + "foo",
FILE_UTILS.fromURI("file:///foo")); ?
We should investigate why this fails in jdk1.3 and not in (I assume)
jdk1.4 or higher.

One thing I can see that is different is
Locator#fromURI(String),
this explicitly checks for jdk 1.4 and uses the
new File(new java.net.URI#fromURI(String)).getAbsolutePath() to do the
conversion.
for jdk1.3 or lower it does the conversion by hand, it may be that the
conversion needs to be modifed to reflect the 1.4 behaviour.
Peter