ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Peter Reilly" <>
Subject Re: FileUtilsTest jdk 1.3 vs 1.5
Date Mon, 13 Nov 2006 14:08:00 GMT
On 11/13/06, Dominique Devienne <> wrote:
> > One could argue that a path without a drive letter is not absolute but
> > relative and therefore the drive letter should not be inserted at all.

The assumption in ant for a long time is that "/x/y/z" is an absolute
file name, and thus should not be prepended by ${basedir}.

Is the test that is failing:
        assertEqualsIgnoreDriveCase(dosRoot + File.separator + "foo",
FILE_UTILS.fromURI("file:///foo")); ?
We should investigate why this fails in jdk1.3 and not in (I assume)
jdk1.4 or higher.

One thing I can see that is different is
this explicitly checks for jdk 1.4 and uses the
new File(new to do the
for jdk1.3 or lower it does the conversion by hand, it may be that the
conversion needs to be modifed to reflect the 1.4 behaviour.