ant-dev mailing list archives

From Chris Mattmann <chris.mattm...@jpl.nasa.gov>
Subject Error using exec to perform symlink on multiple files
Date Thu, 09 Nov 2006 06:02:06 GMT
Hi Folks,

  How are you doing? Well I just wanted to say that I am new to the list and
think that Ant is a great tool. Keep up the good work! I am having a problem
here though, and was wondering if I could get some help from you guys. I'm
currently using Apache Ant version 1.6.5 compiled on April 11 2006, and am
having some trouble performing symlinks on multiple files. I first tried
using the symlink optional task, but after poking around on the internet, I
found that exec is probably the better way to go. Imagine that I have a
directory structure like the following:

/path/to/test/testfiles
/path/to/test/testfiles/file1
/path/to/test/testfiles/file2
/path/to/test/linkdir

I can run the following command from *nix environments and it works fine:

# ln -fs /path/to/test/testfiles/* /path/to/test/linkdir/

It appropriately creates 2 symlinks, one for each file, in the linkdir
directory. However, when I try to run this command using Ant's exec task, I
can't seem to get it to work. I end up getting a link within
/path/to/test/linkdir/ to a file named "*" which points to
/path/to/test/testfiles/*. Could you guys tell me what I am doing wrong? Is
this a bug with Ant? Or the expected behavior?

Thanks!

Cheers,
  Chris