ant-dev mailing list archives

From <Jan.Mate...@rzf.fin-nrw.de>
Subject AW: Bug 32897
Date Tue, 21 Nov 2006 14:52:19 GMT
>> >The problem with loggers and listeners is that it's a pita
>to specify
>> >them on the CLI, or to configure them using properties. But
>that's an
>> >old rant ;-)
>>
>> Would be a "ant.logger.properties" help?
>> - contains the logger/listener configuration
>> - will be loaded automatically
>> - located next to build.xml
>
>I'm not following. Is such a file automatically loaded? Or are
>you saying to auto-load these properties from the CLI? Can
>that specify the logger and listerners to use? --DD

The "problem" with the current build.properties is, that it's loaded
from within the buildfile
and you cant add additional listeners (or am I wrong here?).

So instead of typing
    ant -listener org.apache.tools.ant.listener.Log4jListener
you could just type
    ant
and having a ant.logger.properties with
    logger=org.apache.tools.ant.listener.Log4jListener
    log4j.rootLogger=ERROR, LogFile
    log4j.logger.org.apache.tools.ant.Project=INFO
    [... http://ant.apache.org/manual/listeners.html#Log4jListener ]

The Launcher which will automatically load these settings and adds the
logger/listeners as it would
be configured on commandline.

Jan