ant-dev mailing list archives

From Matt Benson <>
Subject Re: classloader for 1.7
Date Tue, 28 Nov 2006 18:39:47 GMT
--- Peter Reilly <> wrote:

> On 10/14/06, Matt Benson <>
> wrote:
> > --- Peter Reilly <>
> wrote:
>  > the uber-antlib could be called ant-contrib!,
> > > I think that this task could belong to
> ant-contrib,
> > > along with some of Rainer's other classloader
> code.
> >
> > Are you volunteering to put it in ac?
> I think so, I will need to backport it to
> ant 1.6 (using addPath), or maybe ant 1.5
> (using createPath).

Resurrecting this... as Rainer mentioned in his
enhancement request
the purpose of this kind of classloader task is to
allow the inclusion of libraries NOT in $ANT_HOME/lib.
 It seems a little funny that in order to avoid
putting things in $ANT_HOME/lib (or .ant/lib, or use
-lib, okay) you must first do the very thing you seek
to avoid in order to make the task accessible that
allows everything else to be accessible (re-read it a
few times if you didn't understand that).  By this
logic it seems reasonable to include this task in Ant
core after all; I believe this is where we were headed
before I diverted the conversation with my random
comment about the self-containedness of this task
making it possible to run it as an antlib.

I would like to add the task, with Peter's suggested
refactorings of reusable Resource and Reference
manipulations, for 1.7.0.  Are there still objections
before I do this with lazy consensus?

> Peter
> To unsubscribe, e-mail:
> For additional commands, e-mail: