ant-dev mailing list archives

From Steve Loughran <>
Subject Re: Fw: where is wsdl2Java?
Date Thu, 30 Nov 2006 10:22:13 GMT
Martin Gainty wrote:
> Hello All-
> Any suggestions where to locate the axis-ant-plugin jar?

sorry, I was confusing. There is a bit in the axis2 source tree called
axis-ant-plugin, but I think it creates the ant-codegen.jar file

try doing a a taskdef with the task name of

>> In my copy of axis2 from a year ago, the axis-ant-plugin module has a
>> class org.apache.axis2.tool.ant.AntCodegenTask. I do not know if this is
>> what you want or not. I'd also point you at the axis user and then axis
>> dev mail lists, as they are the people who know the code.
>> -steve

To change subject slightly, while I am pleased to see that you are
following the path-of-righteousness by going from WSDL to Java, what
gets generated, on all SOAP stacks, has a tendency to be pretty
unpleasant. This is why I'm no longer an active Axis
developer/committer; I got fed up with all the interop problems.

I'm more of an advocate of living in the XML space:

While I'm not going to recommend my own 'alpine' SOAP stack, XFire has a
pretty good reputation and does appear to be ready for production use.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message