ant-dev mailing list archives

From Steve Loughran <ste...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Virtual Ant - Highly innovative, new GUI for Apache ANT
Date Tue, 28 Nov 2006 13:26:37 GMT
Prashant Deva wrote:
> Hi,
>> If you submit patch the right parts of the Ant's documentation
>> (xdocs/external.xml),  you can get a mention in the next release of ant.
>
> Could you please tell me how to go about doing that? I have no idea
> about the development process you guys follow.

check out the ant source tree, edit the relevant file, attach the svn
diff as a bug report, keep harassing the developer list to care about
your defect until someone commits the change. If its a code change,
those defects with tests get picked up faster, which currently means
anunit tests

> I was also thinking of suggesting some standards which can be followed
> in the future releases of Ant to make the tasks play well in the
> future releases of Virtual Ant.

well, you can certainly suggest; we reserve the right to comment on your
dev and test processes too :)

> Btw, did you see the video?

not yet, too busy trying to test database setups.