ant-dev mailing list archives

From Steve Loughran <ste...@apache.org>
Subject Re: .ant/lib at project level
Date Mon, 27 Nov 2006 12:42:57 GMT
Peter Reilly wrote:
> On 11/24/06, Steve Loughran <stevel@apache.org> wrote:

>> Right now the workstation to my right is doing an ivy-manged build of
>> three different codebases, from different CVS/SVN repositories, using
>> the <buildlist > task to create an ordered list of all projects that
>> declare interdependencies in their ivy files.
>>
>> In a world like that, whose .ant/lib files get picked up? the first?
>
> The .ant/lib would be the master build file's directory - since
> this is the one that used by oata.launch.Launcher from ant.bat/ant sh file
>
> In your case, I do not know that ivy/buildlist does to call
> the multiple projects build files,
> I assume that the <ant> task will be used, in this
> case the .ant/lib directories of the controlled projects
> will be ignored.

yes, ivy:buildlist ignores the files in subdirs, and as you say,
<subant> will pick up the main directories builds.

But I dont want to have to create a .lib dir for every sub project in a
build. somehow they have to pick up the  parent's .lib dir. Otherwise
unless you play a lot with symlinks or SVN, you cannot use this feature
in hierarchical projects.

-steve