ant-dev mailing list archives

From Steve Loughran <ste...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Did 1.7RC1 break JUnit 4.x compatibility?
Date Wed, 15 Nov 2006 15:01:41 GMT
Stan Guillory wrote:
> Well, rebooting a Solaris box isn't an option. :*)
>
> So here is what I have tried:
>
> 1) Used the tempdir attribute to create temporary files in /tmp instead
> of the basedir of the project. This did not help. Got the same errors.
>
> 2) Copied my entire source tree out of the vob to a local file system
> and built there. Same problem. Here is the stack trace I am getting on
> every unit test:
>
>     [junit] java.io.FileNotFoundException:
> /tmp/junitvmwatcher735044513.properties (No such file or directory)
>     [junit]     at java.io.FileInputStream.open(Native Method)
>     [junit]     at
> java.io.FileInputStream.<init>(FileInputStream.java:106)
>     [junit]     at java.io.FileReader.<init>(FileReader.java:55)
>     [junit]     at
> org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.optional.junit.JUnitTask.executeAsForked(J
> UnitTask.java:1025)
>     [junit]     at
> org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.optional.junit.JUnitTask.execute(JUnitTask
> .java:817)
>     [junit]     at
> org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.optional.junit.JUnitTask.executeOrQueue(JU
> nitTask.java:1627)
>     [junit]     at
> org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.optional.junit.JUnitTask.execute(JUnitTask
> .java:764)
>     [junit]     at
> org.apache.tools.ant.UnknownElement.execute(UnknownElement.java:288)
>     [junit]     at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor2.invoke(Unknown
> Source)
>     [junit]     at
> Impl.java:25)
>     [junit]     at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:585)
>     [junit]     at
> org.apache.tools.ant.dispatch.DispatchUtils.execute(DispatchUtils.java:1
> 05)
>     [junit]     at org.apache.tools.ant.Task.perform(Task.java:342)
>     [junit]     at org.apache.tools.ant.Target.execute(Target.java:357)
>     [junit]     at
> org.apache.tools.ant.Target.performTasks(Target.java:385)
>     [junit]     at
> org.apache.tools.ant.Project.executeSortedTargets(Project.java:1292)
>     [junit]     at
> org.apache.tools.ant.Project.executeTarget(Project.java:1261)
>     [junit]     at
> org.apache.tools.ant.helper.DefaultExecutor.executeTargets(DefaultExecut
> or.java:41)
>     [junit]     at
> org.apache.tools.ant.Project.executeTargets(Project.java:1144)
>     [junit]     at org.apache.tools.ant.Main.runBuild(Main.java:698)
>     [junit]     at org.apache.tools.ant.Main.startAnt(Main.java:199)
>     [junit]     at
> org.apache.tools.ant.launch.Launcher.run(Launcher.java:298)
>     [junit]     at
> org.apache.tools.ant.launch.Launcher.main(Launcher.java:104)
>     [junit] Running com.swacorp.ecustomer.hotels.http.hotelPreCancelTest
> [...]

Well, the good news is that we know its not a Clearcase problem. That is
progress, and means its a problem we can probably fix. Maybe its a race
condition. If we can't replicate it we may have to cut a copy for you
with extra diagnostics/delays in (like do a listing of the temp dir when
we cannot open the file). Actually, handling a filenotfoundexception at
this point is something to consider having better handling/diagnostics
for in any situation.