ant-dev mailing list archives

From Steve Loughran <ste...@apache.org>
Subject Re: AW: One more test platform...
Date Wed, 15 Nov 2006 13:06:58 GMT
Kevin Jackson wrote:
>> Actually, if you want to be really SVN_HEAD you bring up Xen nightly
>> build then use CERN's sourceforge hosted SmartDomains smartfrog
>> components to bring up the Xen image(s) into which you place deb head
>> *and* solaris head. That would be truly cutting edge nightly builds. Try
>> tracking down the underlying cause of a defect then.
>>
>> We could attach the xen vm images as part of the gump emails, or course.
>> 'your build failed, here is the OS and JDK image with the problem'.
>> People would love that
>
> Or you could use gentoo and try to track the problem from the line of
> kernel source that wouldn't compile when you're trying to optimize for
> $CPU where $CPU is something obscure
>
> I like the idea of gump running in Xen images that would be good actually.

vmgump is a vmware image; we've debated taking a copy and using it
internally.

one problem with gump is that nobody has put much effort into installing
it; there is a lot of stuff that has to be 'provisioned' before gump
itself works. Once you start hosting it on nightly build gentoo images,
you do need to get installation fully automated.