ant-dev mailing list archives

From Steve Loughran <>
Subject Re: Did 1.7RC1 break JUnit 4.x compatibility?
Date Wed, 15 Nov 2006 09:41:46 GMT
Stan Guillory wrote:
> One thing is we use clearcase for source control, and we use dynamic
> views. My original email was due to builds on unix where every test
> failed this way. When I ran the test on Windows, in a dynamic view, one
> test actually succeeded before the next one failed. I wonder if it could
> be a timing issue?
> Stan

Clearcase scares me. Its got case sensititivy on windows, and sometimes
it gets into a state where only a reboot fixes it. Sometimes it gets
into a state where a system rebuild fixes it, sometimes even that is
insufficient. There is no way I would install clearcase on any machine
of mine, real or virtual,  just to set up a realistic test platform.

Try rebooting and rerunning the tests.  The other thing is use the
tempdir attribute to make the temp directory somewhere else than a VOB.
  Let us know how you get on.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message