ant-dev mailing list archives

From Antoine Levy-Lambert <anto...@gmx.de>
Subject Starteam tasks future, need for a Borland license
Date Fri, 10 Nov 2006 06:08:34 GMT
Hi,

we have talked a bit concerning the Starteam task on the PMC list.

2 facts are to be noted :

- one is that there is no other Ant integration for Starteam than the
one which ships with Ant
- second, the fact that we depend for our builds upon a closed source
library for which the ASF has no license is a problem.

We would like to ask Borland to give the ASF a special license allowing
to use their starteam-sdk.jar as a library to compile against,
and also that they upload their jar file to ibiblio, which would be a
tangible demonstration that they can work with us, and also a practical
measure allowing all ant developers or users to be able to compile the
starteam tasks.

If we cannot get such a license, I wonder whether we should not drop
Starteam fully, not even moving it into an antlib.

Regards,

Antoine