ant-dev mailing list archives

From Antoine Levy-Lambert <anto...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Ant 1.7.0RC1
Date Sun, 05 Nov 2006 23:21:12 GMT
Peter Reilly wrote:
> On 11/5/06, Antoine Levy-Lambert <antoine@gmx.de> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I hit the send button a bit too fast.
>>
>> I want to ask :
>>
>> OK to release these files as Ant 1.7.0RC1 on Sunday, November 12th, as
>> Ant 1.7.0RC1 ?
>>
>> Yes [x]
> Do we have to wait that long?

The problem is that :

a) according to bylaws, votes are open one week
b) two files, index.html and antnews.html indicate the date of the
release. So it is predetermined to be Nov 12th.
We would have to change the distribution to release on another date.

If we want to release faster after a build, we would have to change our
bylaws. Otherwise there is a small risk that one guy wakes up on the 6th
or 7th day of a vote and writes a -1.

In this case we would be in a sort of institutional trouble.

Regards,

Antoine