ant-dev mailing list archives

From Shekhar Yadav <shek...@cyadav.com>
Subject <template> task
Date Fri, 03 Nov 2006 15:38:22 GMT
Hello,

I needed to generate files ( configuration files, template files )
during our release process. Ant helped me in making the process similar,
but I had to write simple <template> task to configure the application.
<template> is same as <copy>,  but populates the contents with properties.

Example.

property  :  prob.name=cassini.
property  :  prob.destination=saturn

A file with  contents.
${prob.name} is already on it's way to ${prob.destination}.

then <template todir="configuration" file="prob.template">  task would
generate configuration files for me.  If there is already task which
serves the purpose then please ignore the mail and let me know the task
name. :-). Also I know I can do that using <script> other combination of
tasks, but thought <template> task makes more sense. If you guys like
it, lets add it to ant.

Thanks
Chandrashekhar.